Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Advantages and Disadvantages of Shared Hostiing

RE: Advantages and Disadvantages of Shared Hostiing

Well back on-topic, shared web-hosting is not only a combination of disadvantages. We can compare shared web-hosting with cloud web-hosting, because these hosting services could be close in their final monthly cost. So below are some of the advantages of shared web-hosting over its cloud competitor.
    1. With Shared web-hosting you are sure, where your information/database is stored, while with cloud hosting you are not.
    2. When you purchase Shared web-hosting you know how big will be your monthly bill. With cloud hosting you are paying only for the used resources Do you know exactly, how much is going to be used? (The last statement excludes services like VDS)
    3. In cloud hosting environment all information is constantly backed up from server to server. Herein, I have a question What is going to happen, if one of the servers is infected (compromised) and all other servers are backing up from that server?

Yes, there are disadvantages with shared web-hosting, but it is still the most popular webhosting type and it is fully capable of satisfying all manager/client needs, if it is used right.

I would choose Shared Web Hosting than its Cloud competitor any day, and what you said about the advantages of Shared over Cloud is true especially #3 since it is a security issue. Once 1 server is infected, there is great possibility that all of your data once backed up will be infected as well since all data is backed up server to server, the infection will spread like wildfire and zombie bite :P

But Max, you miss stating the advantages of Cloud Hosting over Shared type :P

Yes Apaullo, I did. We have a separate section for all Cloud hosting discussions in this forum. This Forum section is dedicated to all shared hosting discussions.

Oh yeah :P sorry bout that :P

No problem, Apaullo. We have to keep our forum well organized, and with discussions in the line of the appropriate forum section.

I definitely agree if you can delete my post it will be great :P it reminds me of my noobishness :P

Thanks for sharing this information,it is certainly a big help for me.

Banned

Shared hosting provides you a guarantee of excellence when it comes to customer support since it is one of the basic foundations of their business, and one of the selling points among hosting providers. So if you are not familiar with this kind of business, shared hosting can be an excellent choice because you know that your site is in good hands.

I agree with Jbard..Shared hosting is the ideal type of hosting for beginners, they will have tech support and cheap rental fee every month..very ideal environment for beginners.

Yes, I also agree with jbard. In spite of its lower price, shared web-hosting can be the most profitable service for the hosting provider. It is the ultimate ``bestseller``, and the entire web-hosting company depends on this ``first level`` web-hosting type. If the provider is also offering other web-hosting plans, such as VPS`s and dedicated servers, then the quality of their shared hosting services must be on top notch. The majority of users are using shared web-hosting plans, so the most service reviews and feedback will be written from those users. If your shared services are ``bad``, and there are a lot of negative reviews, then no one will buy your VPS or dedicated hosting plans.