Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Advantages and Disadvantages of Shared Hostiing

RE: Advantages and Disadvantages of Shrared Hostiing

Is there anybody here that uses Share Type of Hosting? Max? Aayushjindal? And tell us how it is :P

Yes Apaullo , I`m hosting 2 websites on shared hosting and I`m happy with the service received so far . Those two sites are still ``young`` and their resource demands are still little , so I expect everything to stay ok at least for another 3-4 months . However it really depends on your provider and the resources needed for your website to function normally . I`m also running a small web-hosting company on a VPS with 20 clients , but I`m not going to expand the business any time soon . Actually , those 20 clients are taking almost the full capacity of the VPS at this point and all of them are pretty much happy with the provided service .

Hmmm..so those 2 websites have the same IP? yeah indeed when your sites are still young then little traffic are flowing, but you are also running a small web hosting of your own? I mean you OWN the business? Or you are the one maintaining it? If you are the Owner, how cool is that? and with 20 clients subscribed! that 20 clients are using only 1 VPS or the whole nodes which is taking the full capacity of the hardware?

Yes ,the two websites are on a same IP , but without any crosslinking of course . Yes, I own a micro web-hosting company . All of those 20 clients are on the same VPS , which is a very powerful one My monthly renting costs for this VPS are over 80$ , which is not a big sum , but for a VPS is not small either . Overall I`m making some little profit from the provided service , but you have to attract and maintain really big number of clients to be making huge income(just like in any business).

Yes I agree..nice to know you actually own a small web hosting business, no wonder you know what you are talking about here :P and yes 80$ for a rent is not a big sum, I bet you just don't make a 'little' profit from that 20 clients :P but why not expand your business if you can just afford it?

Wow, that's wonderful Max. That's the reason behind your abundant knowledge in web hosting.

If I try to expand the provided services and the capacity of my webhost, then everything will become really complicated and time consuming. The number of support quires will increase and apparently I`ll have to hire support/technical staff. I will have to invest in bigger VPS or Server and all of my time will be consumed by the web-host management. Because of the above, I`m still avoiding any further developments, but at some future point I`ll try my chances as a bigger hosting provider.

You definitely should try to expand you hosting service Max since you know mostly of the pro's and con's of a web hosting service. All the best for you Max!

Indeed Max, your knowledge in Web Hosting will definitely help you to be a successful Web Host Provider, and yeah I have to agree with the problems that you are facing right now and it will take a lot of thinking if you really have to go through with the expansion but I believe that investment capital is not the issue because I think you are making a good profit running those 20 clients but rather it is time that you are limited with, time management is never easy to do :P Oh wells, goodluck to you mate

I would also love to have my own web hosting company, since I already have a background, as soon as I have the capital I would definitely create one web hosting services company.