Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is unmanaged VPS

RE: What is unmanaged VPS

Yes, you are both right. The VPS hosting is in the middle between the cheap shared web-hosting and the expensive dedicated web-hosting. You can always save money and enjoy a great performance with VPS hosting, because it gives you dedicated experience and features at lower monthly costs. Once you have finished with all setup processes, your VPS could be defined as managed. This however will not affect your monthly rent price, because it is managed, but it is managed by you. The whole idea behind the unmanaged VPS is the providing of unmanaged service, which you have to manage by yourself and you will pay only for the service received unmanaged VPS.

You mean to say Max that VPS is better off than shared and dedicated web hosting due since its more cost-effective and manageability of the service.

Hey, mariesheila. Everything is always really subjective in the choice of web-hosting type. In my opinion the best performance/price ratio can be achieved with VPS web-hosting. However, in some situation a VPS will not be enough as resources and in other there will be no need for moving from the shared web-hosting plan. If you are in the middle of these possibilities not enough resources with shared web-hosting and not so big resource demands for a dedicated hosting migration - then VPS is the best choice for you.

VPS is essential as it bridges the gap between shared hosting and dedicated hosting services as I see it based on the our discussion here and in the other threads. Hence it will also provide independence and flexibility of a dedicated hosting service, but at the price of a high-end shared hosting service.

VPS hosting could be one of the best choice since it can really make their business jump start.

Unmanaged VPS Hosting comes with lowest price rates and are the services are basically taken by those organization that have staff of technical knowledge of managing hosting matter.

Managed = your service provide will "manage" the server in terms of [some level of] system administration, i.e. install software, configure services, keep it updated etc and generally provider support.Managed vps come with support and basic installations. Since you seem to be a newbie its best to go for such a service.

An unmanaged VPS is the any VPS without control pannel.Thus their plan comes under limited support.

Hello friends, I do not about it.

It is meaningful information for me.