Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Managed Web Hosting

RE: What is Managed Web Hosting

Max you mentioned in the other thread that when you subscribe to managed Web Hosting, and if you have problems installing your VPS, you can always ask for the Web Hosts IT personnel to check it and help you out right? But what about unmanaged VPS? Can you also call and ask for their IT personnel to help you out installing the VPS?

You can always ask, but you won`t always receive the required help. The whole idea, with unmanaged services, is to provide the hardware and the basic control software. The price of unmanaged VPS is lower than managed, because the number of required technical staff is lower.

Ah, so it means that when you subscribe to unmanaged VPS, there will be minimal or no technical help whatsoever when it comes to installing and configuring the server...but other than that you have the right to raise some issues to them in regards to hardware and software troubleshooting right?

Yes Apaullo, but it is really subjective and depends entirely on the chosen provider. The easiest way to check what is covered by the support, is by checking the company Terms of Service. Read the TOS in full, because the interesting information is always somewhere deep in the text.

Hmmm...I guess I really cant blame the provider since the price difference between the unmanaged and the managed is huge so they take priority those who paid them managed hosting prices.

But I think different Web Hosting Providers have different support with their unmanaged type..some may be considerate enough to help those that are having trouble with the installation

Yes, it is different with every provider, and you must research all information related to service support.

Those Big Web Hosting Companies prioritize their big clients and if you are just a small timer I doubt they will prioritize you when you have some inquiries, of course they will respond to your needs but they will always do first what their big clients need them to do before the Provider can get to you :P

So I think it is more beneficial to a small timer like me to consider and acquire the services of those Web Hosting Provider that are yet starting or small timers...I am sure they will take care of me and give all their services to get to my positive side :P

Exclamation RE: What is Managed Web Hosting

You are probably right, Apaullo. However, a big and reputable hosting company will always try to protect its ``good`` name, and because of that, the support will be fast even if you are ``a small timer``

But services will be much more faster to their big clients before to me a small time :P And of course the Big Providers will always try to protect its clients but there are also some that are still starting the game that will almost give you more perks and discounts just to lure you into their account, this is one of the effective ways to 'pirate' clients from a big Provider :P

The provided service will be as fast as you want:P Of course, if you are able to pay for the desired service performance/resources You are getting, exactly what you have ordered, and it is absolutely normal the bigger client to be provided with more resources when he/she is paying more:-/