Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Managed Web Hosting

RE: What is Managed Web Hosting

If you have a skilled IT on your team, you can simply go with unmanaged hosting services . The management of the service includes things like Server hardening , Firewall managing , securing of all SSH logins and so on . If your IT is capable of providing and managing the above , there is no need of purchasing a managed hosting service .

Idd Max, that is what I am trying to say, if you have a skilled IT on your team why hire another? Btw, when you hire a managed hosting, aren't you compromising your precious data in your site? Because to be effective the hired IT has to have max security clearance, and he can obviously have access to the content of your site.

That is a good question Apaullo and the answer to that question is pointing back to the right choice of service provider at first place . For example all shared web-hosting providers are able to access your account information and website content . Everything is based on trust and you must be 24/7 careful with the most sensible data and content , but even that will not be enough if your provider is not trustworthy .

Wow..that is asking way too much from your client...trust with your data can not be given lightly, but then what choices does the clients have but to trust the provider of their data, than not to be online...I bet some hosts take a sneak peek at your data on what they can copy or steal...

There goes security breach Apaullo, just a sneak peek of the client's data is considered a security breach. I wonder how web clients would feel if their data systems are being viewed by their service provider.

I think it is a given that some Web Hosts try and see for themselves the content of some of their clients site, it cannot be avoided, the temptation is too great :P

I guess curiosity would really creep for some web hosts, there should some program that prevent them from doing that. Web clients should be given a feature to for them to be protected.

I believe , that no reputable web-hosting provider will access your data , without your permission . The pure risk of you finding out of such illegal activity is not worth for an established or even new company interested in staying on the hosting scene . What I mean is , that when you find out such illegal activity is being performed with your account and data , you will most likely start some sort of campaign against this provider .
    There is so much shared web-hosting providers and there is so much websites hosted on shared web-hosting and in the same time this type of problems do not occur very frequently . So do not panic , the chance of choosing such bad web-hosting provider is not so great . I can vouch for so many shared web-hosting providers proven through the years and I can even support and trust a new company , if there is enough good reviews about their services . It is all about information and the ability to seek , process and make decision on the base of that information .

The Web Host has pure intentions on its business, to serve its clients with its utmost capability. But I can say otherwise to its employees, some good but some is also evil :P

I agree with you Max. That's why web clients should always read reviews and feedback of that web hosting services that they are planning to get.