Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cloud Computing – Types of cloud services

Unhappy Cloud Computing – Types of cloud services

There are several methods of cloud services categorization, based on the used cloud architecture. According to the specific architecture, the cloud services are divided on 5 main types: Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, Community Cloud, and Managed Cloud. Public cloud services are normally available to all users through a specific cloud based service. These services could be offered for free or with predefined usage costs. The biggest and most popular public cloud providers are Amazon, Cisco, Dell, Google, HP, Microsoft, Rackspace, etc… Each Private cloud is dedicated to a single company/organization/firm/user and it can be fully managed, semi-managed, or unmanaged. All hybrid clouds are a complex ``composition `` of 2 or more other cloud types. For example, you can rent a hybrid service, which could feature both public and private cloud. Community cloud is literally a shared cloud environment, where the cloud infrastructure is used by multiple companies/organizations in similar business sector. For example, different hospitals, security firms, etc., could be using the services based on the community cloud. The managed cloud is initially created and then completely maintained/modified by the cloud hosting provider. These are the basic cloud services types and their short definitions. If you have any questions, please ask in this thread.

RE: Cloud Computing – Types of cloud services

Thanks for this thread Max, this is very informative, I have several questions about some of this architecture but I will ask some other time since I am busy at the moment. I am surprised that there are so many big companies that are adapting already to Cloud technology, this will definitely be the next best thing in Web Hosting.

Lightbulb RE: Cloud Computing – Types of cloud services

You are always welcome to ask your questions, Apaullo. Seeing a good comprehensive discussion and participating in it, is always making me happy

Max, the private Cloud is fully managed by the company right? As I understand by what you said, it is only dedicated for the Company, its services and other features...Can you please site some company example that are using Cloud Hosting?

Nice Sharing......

Many hosting companies and even a few internet retailers are beginning to offer cloud hosting services.

Cloud computing is Internet based computing which derives the characteristics from clint server model,Grid computing,Mainframe computers,peer-peer architecture where as the resources are shared.
    Some Cloud services types are,
    Infrastructure as a service(Iaas)
    Platform as a service(Paas)
    Software as a service(Saas)
    Web based cloud services
    Utility cloud services
    Managed services
    Service commerce
    Hybrid cloud
    Inter cloud

We Provide FREE Domain with Unlimited Web Hosting Plan
    Find us in Google - "Sri Ganesh Hosting"

cloud computing is the use of the hardware and software,which is derived as the service over the network.

SaaS was one of the first technical adoptions of the cloud in the last few years, Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) have also become viable solutions and maybe more beneficial to companies than just software.

Can you explain,What are the different cloud services type?

The cloud does for IT what companies like UPS and Federal Express did for the shipping industry, Stephen Braat, senior director and general manager of cloud and managed solutions for CDW, said.