Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Benefits and future of Cloud Hosting

RE: Benefits and future of Cloud Hosting

One the KEY benefits of cloud hosting is the Optimized Up-time. Most providers with guarantee a 99.99% up-time, which is crucial to a business. Along with the ability to scale your resources as they are needed, the cost is far greater than any other option, because you are only paying for what you require and not a full package that you might not use.

Unlike VPS and dedicated hosting solutions, the data hosted in a cloud is not stored in a physical machine. Instead, data is stored in a fully redundant network of servers, in the clouds so to speak. If your cloud server fails, your data is immediately switched to another cloud resulting in zero downtime.

That is indeed a big advantage for a Cloud Hosting, by the way nice post but as we have discussed the benefits of shared web hosting and cloud web hosting, your data is not stored in a physical machine but instead in a virtual network found in a series of servers. But what if one server got infected by a serious virus? What if the security is compromised? As I understand Cloud Hosting is a series of servers connected to each other, if one server got infected will the other servers get infected also?

We have been talking about about the benefits of different Web Hosting types and Cloud Hosting is the new kid on the block, but it has the biggest potential to soar new heights against its counterparts, but as we discussed more further, atleast for me, in my opinion, the most effective and practical type for me as a beginner is the Shared web host type compared to Cloud Hosting. But Yahoo! and Google are now using Cloud Hosting, despite its huge benefits, also has some weaknesses such as Security and it is still expensive.

Security weakness is enough to turn your customer around and look for more stable hosting type but why Yahoo! and Google are using this king of Hosting? Is it because they have the best IT personnel around? That is why they are never afraid that their security is at risk of being attacked?

The answer is in your questions, Apaullo. Almost all new promising architectures are integrated in the bigger companies first. Mega companies, like Google and Yahoo, are able to afford further researches and developments of certain architecture. Sometimes the problems are rising even on the way of those mega-companies. Almost half of the Google services (inluding All Europe Gmail services) were off-line for 3 hours back in 2009. This was possible thanks to the new cloud hosting implementation

Nice..for about 3 hours? Thats huge for the likes of Google...I guess you have a point Max where the new promising architectures where tested first by big companies since they can afford to lose some bucks over it and they have the means to recover from it all. Besides they have all the best software engineers around I bet.

Cloud hosting will definitely be the king of all Web Hosting eventually but what do you think we can expect in the near future once Cloud Hosting will be stable? I mean with no weaknesses whatsoever? I think internet rental such as Web Hosting will be much more cheaper don't you think?

With such big companies behind, surely this architecture will be the next leader. And yes, the overall web-hosting costs will decrease. It is already very popular web-hosting type and it is just a matter of time to gain positions.

True Max, and I bet that Internet costs will decrease too eventually...in our country it is still expensive especially mobile internet like accessing in smartphones where you pay per kb downloaded >.<

I hope so, because currently I`m paying very big Mobile Internet bills, too.

Thanks for sharing

Lols Max..really? you pay big bills in mobile internet? How do they charge you? per kb? or is it fixed every month? And why would you subscribe in mobile internet? I thought that in the US, almost all is covered by Wifi? Like in Japan wherein all street is already covered up by Wifi.